How to use MyRouteOnline Excel Add-in?
- Open Excel – There is an additional tab to Excel ribbon, named MyRouteOnline
MyRouteOnline tab to Excel ribbon
- Click MyRouteOnline tab and you’ll see two buttons Upload and Download.
The first uploads your addresses to our route planner and the second, downloads your route-plan to your Excel.
Only Upload is activated at the moment because you haven’t planned any routes yet.
There are two ways to upload addresses through this Excel Add-in:
- Create a new address list
If your list isn’t ready and you wish to create one. Click Upload to create a demo sheet.
Click OK to test this demo list and click upload or copy paste your addresses under the grey headers line (number 4)
Demo address list
- Open an existing address list
If your list is ready, open your file and click upload
No changes will be made to your existing sheet – your list will be copied to a new sheet with new headers.
Learn how to upload addresses to our route planner:
- Change the headers to match your data.
Headers Dropdown Menu
- Click Upload to set your parameters and click Plan My Route.
The same as you would do in our route planner, under “GOALS” tab.
Goals – Set parameters
- Click OK to open the browser with your list in MyRouteOnline. Log in to plan your route.
Open the route planner
- Click Continue to skip the GOALS tab and plan your route.
- Once your route is optimized, go back to your Excel and click Download, to download your route plan.
Download route plan
If you click before the routing process is done, you’ll get this error message:
Route plan is not ready
When your route is ready, click Download.
Click Download route plan
Additional sheet with your planned route. In this example it is named Route 1.
If you planned a number of routes, each will be added in a separate sheet.
New sheet with the planned route
+ Find out how to import your address list from Excel.